English Toffee

DQ:

    Toffee is my absolutely favorite candy EVER! It is rich, the kind of texture I like and a whole lot more. I found this recipe, one day, when I was flipping through an AZURE STANDARD magazine. In that issue, there were a few recipes and I immediately cut out a few. When Christmas came along, that year, I made the toffee for our annual, Mom's-side-of-the-family, Christmas Eve get-together. My aunt remarked that I had to be careful, when I brought things like that to get-togethers, because otherwise people might ask me to bring it again, all of the other years. Well, I took that as a compliment and have made it for Christmas Eve, since.
Well, I'm probably just torturing you right now, huh? Well, without further ado, here is the English Toffee recipe.



 English Toffee

 2 cups of butter
 2 cups of sucanat (Coconut sugar works very well, too.)
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup ground almonds (optional)


Grease a 15"x10"x1" pan (9"x13" works well, too.) with butter and set aside.
 In a heavy, 3 quart saucepan, melt butter.
Add sucanat.



Cook and stir (NEVER STOP STIRRING) over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reads 295 degrees (hard crack). Immediately pour into greased pan and let stand till cool.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips and heat in oven for 3 minutes, or until chocolate chips are soft. Remove from oven and smooth the chips down, creating a "frosting"-like texture. Enjoy!

Popular Posts